From the BAIS Director
Dear BAIS Community,
As we finish up the final week of the 21-22 school year, I’m excited to provide information regarding school awards and some personnel updates.
Elementary awards will be on Monday, June 7. Each grade level homeroom teacher will show a pre-recorded awards video to their students. The students will come home with the award certificates on the same day.
Secondary awards will be presented to students during the second period of the day on Friday, June 11 via the school’s YouTube channel. So the final schedule for secondary students on Friday will be:
- 5th period
- 6th period (award presentation in Homerooms)
- 7th period
- 8th period
- 12:00-12:30 – turn in the final check-out document to homeroom teachers. If students have not completed check-out, final reports will not be sent.
Regarding personnel, I am pleased to announce the following updates for the 21-22 school year:
- The Ramappa family will be staying at BAIS.
- Amu Ramappa – IT Director.
- Hani Ramappa – athletic director and head of marketing.
- Ms. Fulwood will remain as the physical education teacher.
- Ms. Priscilla B. Maria has been hired to join the secondary math and science department.
- Mrs. Erin Squiers will teach second grade for the 21-22 school year.
Jeremy J. Thomas, MS.Ed.
From the Guidance Counselor
Classes for 2021-2022 School year
Students in grades 8th – 11th were asked to select classes and return their requests to Ms. Hall by June 3rd. If you have not already done so, please do this weekend.
Congratulations to Clarine Tantowi & Emily Stanford!
They applied to The Stanford Daily Summer Journalism Workshop and were awarded full scholarships to the 8-week course. We look forward to seeing their journalism skills in action next school year!
Drama Team News
We are very excited to announce our movie premier of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! This will be an outdoor event held on June 5. A red carpet event to celebrate our incredible cast and crew will happen at 5:30pm. Doors open at 5:00pm; the movie will start ~6:00PM once it is dark. Tickets will be sold for a “pod” on the green for Rp400.000 for up to 4 people. If you have more than 4 people in your “pod” an additional Rp100.000/person up to 6 people max. Tickets are cash only. You can pay Mrs. Loewen and reserve your “pod” at the same time.
Art @ BAIS
Please enjoy the following videos that celebrate all the hard work our students did this year.