From the Elementary Principal’s Desk
This weekend has finally arrived. This is the first time in the history of the Bandung Alliance Intercultural School that we are able to host the IISSAC swim competition. For almost 15 years, the BAIS swim team has travelled each year to another school to compete in this competition. In the past, BAIS has been able to host IISSAC soccer as well as IISSAC basketball, and now the time has come for us to welcome swimmers from Wesley, Mountainview, Bali, Surabaya, and BIS. The first set of races will begin on Friday around 4 pm. On Saturday, the races start at 8 am and end around 3 pm. On Sunday races start at 8 am and will end around 11 am. There will be food, fun, and lots of great swimming. Please come out and support the BAIS swim team as well as PACE, the senior class, and all the other BAIS volunteers that will be working throughout this weekend. If you cannot make it to the tournament, we ask that you help us by praying for good weather, safety for the competitors, and for smooth running of the tournament.
See you by the pool.
Mrs. Charity Sianturi
BAIS Piano Concert
If you are interested in learning how to make your own videos, we have good news for you. A friend of Liebich family from SA, who has a lot of video shooting and editing experience, will be presenting a 3 days video training workshop.
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – 14:45 to 16:00 – BAIS Film Club
- Friday, May 4, 2018 – 13:00 to 16:00 – Carsten’s House
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 – 09:00 to 12:00 – Carsten’s House
Anybody interested is welcome to come for either all 3 days or just one session.
Please let Mr. Carsten Liebich at 087864012782 know if you are interested so that he can know how many people to prepare for.
Some of the topics we will be looking at include:
- Making a video from start to end.
- Tips and tricks in using your camera.
- What to use if you do not have all the expensive equipment?
- Video editing software
Why We Do What We Do
Why do we receive an offering in chapel?
Every Tuesday the elementary students gather for a time of worship and a Bible lesson. During this chapel, we also receive an offering. The question could be asked why receive an offering in a room full of elementary students. There are two primary reasons for doing this.
The first is that we want to reinforce the principles of biblical stewardship. Our God is a giver. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only son.” (John 3:16) We want each of our kids to understand that it truly is “more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35)
The second reason for receiving an offering is that we want our students to realize the potential we have to make a difference when we all come together for a specific cause. In the first semester, we had a goal of 5 juta that would buy fresh water units through Compassion International’s Water For Life program. We were able to purchase 5 of these units that are helping entire families and in some cases small villages have fresh water. I was amazed to see the kids get behind this initiative and we were so excited when we reached our goal as we realized we did this together.
This semester we have the same goal of 5 juta that is going toward the tuition of a young man named Darminto who attends seminary in Jakarta. Darminto has a calling of ministry upon his life and it is amazing that the elementary students of BAIS are partnering with him to help make his calling reality.
Just as in the book of Acts, our kids are learning that together we can make a real difference and that it is truly “more blessed to give than to receive.”
Mr. Jason Whitehurst
Well done, Josephine!
Dear Cast and Crew Members (and their parents), Today is the last day to turn in your order forms for drama t-shirts or extra DVDs of the production. Please fill out the form that was sent home (and emailed) and give it to Ms. LaMertha or to an elementary teacher who will get it to Ms. LaMertha.
SD – USBN
|Thursday, May 03, 2018
Monday, May 07, 2018
|8:00am to 10:00am||Bahasa Indonesia|
|Friday, May 04, 2018
Tuesday, May 08, 2018
|8:00am to 10:00am||Matematika|
|Saturday, May 05, 2018
Wednesday, May 09, 2018
|8:00am to 10:00am||Ilmu Pengetahuan Alam (IPA)|
The students should be ready at CBCS at 7:30am and need to return to BAIS when the test is finished.
- The students should be ready 20 minutes before the exams.
- Dress code: batik or collared shirt with shoes
- Pencil 2B, pen, and eraser
- For any question, call Ibu Gledya at 085722008090
National Honor Society News!
Congratulations to the newest members of the BAIS chapter of National Honor Society:
- Heemin Jung – Grade 12
- Lukas Sutandi – Grade 11
- Paul Walker – Grade 11
- Emily Nielsen – Grade 10
Parents and Friends, please join us on May 2, 2018, at 6:00pm in the BAIS MPR for a formal ceremony to induct our new members and celebrate our current members.
Current Members: Joo In Seo, Sergio Limandibratha, Dong Jun Lee, Devlin Katarahardja, Jang Hun Heo, Ji Yoon Shin, Jessica Hirianto, Haram Jeong, Daniel Nix, Tivara Tanudjaja, Kevin Ko, Jun Seon Hong, Hamin Noh, Wilson Lukmanjaya and Josiah Kim
Update from the Finance Office
Just a reminder that the first opportunity to take advantage of the Early Bird Tuition discount ends today, April 27th, 2018. Please submit your payment by the end of the day to take advantage of the discount.
Please do not hesitate to contact the BAIS finance team at email@example.com should you have any questions.
BAIS Finance Dept
IISSAC Swim – Live Broadcast
This IISSAC event will be broadcasted live under our BAIS YouTube channel. There are four different live stream links for the four sessions that we’ll have for the IISSAC Swim this matches with the Meet Manager Events listed as well.
Streaming starts at 4pm
Streaming starts at 8am
Streaming starts at 1pm
Streaming starts at 8am
The live stream would be archived and available to view on YouTube after the live broadcast. We have created a YouTube playlist to house all the above archived broadcast once the broadcast has been finished, to provide ease of access to all four YouTube archived videos under one playlist.
IISSAC Swimming Information Package : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q8td4TkZ08Sp0GIMoFZMhd6HamMCWAttuSVb2W8oLxw
Athletics & Club News
- BAIS’ Badminton teams are in Malang representing our school at the IISSAC Tournament. Check the BAIS Pep Club page on Facebook for updates. Boys Competing: Haydn Astian, Daniel Darmamulia, Sung Chun Lee, Seon Ho Kang, Haram Jeong, Deo Sinaga, and TJ Tanudjaja. Girls: Crystal Muljadi, Jessica Hartono, Valerie Chandean, Ha Min Noh, Eunice Kosim, and Beltra Chandean
- Six different schools, hundreds of swimmers, and more supporters will be at BAIS TODAY for the IISSAC Swim Competition!*
- One more thanks to all the staff and parents that have volunteered to help make the IISSAC Swim Meet a success! Please come out and see our community coming together! There’s a lot of great food, competition, and fellowship. See you at the pool.
After School Activities
- No after school activities today (Friday, April 27th).
- Season Three After School Activities ends March 18th!
- If you are interested in leading or co-leading an after school club or activity for next year, please contact Mr. Powers or Ibu Dias. BAIS hopes to offer a multitude of diverse clubs and activities to serve the students. We need your help to partner with us to ensure we have as many possible options available for our BAIS community!
- Young Tigers will have another tournament Saturday, May 12!
Keep your eyes on the BAIS Buzz for updates, changes, and more information!
Download this issue as PDF: Issue 34: 27 April, 2018 – English