BAIS offers a program for students who agree to an education in a Christian environment and who are capable of achieving in a program dedicated to academic excellence. The birth date cut-off for entrance into 1st grade shall be age six on or before September 30th of the current school year. The admissions procedures are accomplished through the following sequence:
- Parents must submit, to the registrar, the properly completed application forms, health records, transcripts, and copies of both the parents’ and student’s passport front pages and their KITAS. If the KITAS is in process, an official letter of explanation from the sponsor must be submitted.
- Once all of the correct information is received, two entrance test will be scheduled for all ESL (English as a Second Language) students (SELP and MAP) and students without formal transcripts, and the MAP test for all students 1st to 12th grade. Families must pay Rp 1,000,000 for each student testing session. Please allow two to four business days for tests to be scored.
- Once the paperwork and the entrance tests have been completed a formal interview will be scheduled with an administrator.
- If the information for the student is complete, the parents will be informed of the administrator’s decision after the interview.
- Students admitted during the school year will have a 24 hour waiting period before they join their classes (a day will be given for teachers to prepare for the student).
- Class Size Limits at BAIS:
Class Limit Preschool 3 16 students 1/2 of the class may be ELD Preschool 4 16 students 1/2 of the class may be ELD Kindergarten – 5th Grade 20 students 1/3 of the class may be ELD Secondary 25 students 1/4 of the class may be ELD