From the BAIS Director’s Desk
Last month I highlighted the time teachers spent beyond their required hours in the classroom investing in technology professional development with our new Power School Learning and Rubicon Atlas systems. They are continuing to learn about and collaborate with one another as they seek ways to use these systems to increase and enhance student learning. Thank you again teaching staff, for your incredible commitment to students!
This month I would like to highlight a few other aspects of our school community. I appreciate the people who have committed to take part in areas of our program that are crucial to building a unified community, fostering good communication, and ensuring that our students have a well-rounded experience at BAIS.
Parents Active in Children’s Education – next week there will be three different parent meetings (Dialogue with the Director) organized by the leadership team of PACE. The same information will be presented in all three meetings; we hope to see you at one of the three meeting. Additionally, we will be adding the Christmas Bazaar back onto our events calendar – more details to come. Thank you Ibu Fifi, Mrs. Kate Kim, and Mrs. Deborah Gunthorpe for being willing to lead this group.
Director’s Advisory Council – as many of you know, we have a council of parents called the DAC. This group meets monthly with myself and the administrative team for the purpose of advising us on issues of concern and/or perspectives from our parent community. Just this past week, we added a third member to this group. The 2017-2018 DAC members are:
- Mr. Jon Gunthorpe
- Mr. Joseph Lee
- Ibu Ling Ling
New IISSAC Chairman – this past weekend before the IISSAC tournament, our very own Mr. Jeremy Thomas was selected as the Chairman of IISSAC. He will provide leadership and direction for the current program. We are so glad that Mr. Thomas will be serving in this role as he has a clear vision for creating and maintaining a thriving athletic conference.
Thank you all for your commitment to creating a warm community around which students are best able to work and learn.
Grateful in Christ,
The Christmas Concert
December 8, 2017 at 5:30 pm
Dress Rehearsal Schedules:
- December 5 2017
- 2:45pm – 4:30pm
- December 6, 2017
- Elementary – 3rd and 4th period
- Middle School – 2nd period
- High School – 1st period
Attire: A white top and a black bottom
- Boys: A white top and black pants
- Girls: A white and black skirt and black stocking (leggings, tights)
- Shoes: Dark Color
If you have any questions or concerns, please see me during the parent-teacher conference.
Athletics & Club News
- The IISSAC Tournament was held in Malang this past weekend. The boys team won second place and the girls get 4th place.
- The team’s IISSAC records: Boys: 3 wins – 1 loss (boo!) – 4 ties; Girls: 2-4-1
- Season’s Record: Boys 11-5-6; Girls 9-6-3
- Congratulations to all our athletes for an amazing season!
- Basketball tryouts will be open to all 8th-12th graders. Girl’s tryout start at 3:45; boy’s start at 4:30
Secondary and Elementary After School Clubs/Activities
- Registration for Season 2 Clubs and Activities are happening now!
There are many new clubs and after school activities open to our BAIS students.
- Sign your child up after school or at the Parent Teacher Conferences.
See Ibu Dias or Mr. Powers to register.
- Registration is open for BAIS Swim Invitational, Nov. 11! Contact Pak Henry for more information.
- The Battle of the Books, students will be traveling to Mountainview, Nov. 17-18 for a competition.
- The Model United Nations (MUN) Club will compete in Jakarta on Nov. 22-23.
Keep your eyes on the BAIS Buzz for updates, changes, and more information!
November 8, 2017 4:00 – 6:00 PM
Scene Five: The Good Witch Everyone in this scene must come to practice:
- White Rabbit
Mini Jazz Concert
Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017 3:30 to 4:00 at BAIS Music Classroom Singers: Eunice, Jane, Emily, Haram, Jade, Kirana
It ‘s Network November!
We hope you join us in sharing what we are grateful for at BAIS! Make sure when you are posting photos with BAIS students and staff you are also adding our #baisedu and #nicsschools tags. Happy sharing!
Here are the hashtags for this week.
- November 6th: #nicselementary
- November 9th: #nicsteachers
- Every Day: #nicsgrateful
- Thursday Throwback: #nicstbt
Download the full issue as PDF: Issue 13: 2 November, 2017 – English