Since its beginning, BAIS has had an international staff, international curriculum, and international student body making it truly an international school. BAIS is also the first accredited international Christian school in Indonesia through ACSI. Working from an American philosophy of education from a Christian perspective, BAIS is actively committed to ministering to the whole person. BAIS students are exposed to a broad variety of subject areas in order to facilitate a well-balanced education, which guides students in discovering their particular interests, talents, and abilities for use in the future. This philosophy allows programs to be directed toward individual development and enrichment in the following areas: intellectual, physical, moral, spiritual, and social. Each school day incorporates citizenship training, character development, personal values, and ethics. Emphasis is placed on instilling respect for citizens of all nations and specifically the country of Indonesia, our host nation. Students graduating from BAIS are well-prepared for entry into English-speaking universities throughout the world.
BAIS operates as a private non-profit school to serve the international community. BAIS provides quality education in the traditions of classic, conservative ethics and values. The school ministers to the whole person; therefore, its program is directed toward individual development and enrichment in the following areas: intellectual, physical, moral, spiritual, and social. The program incorporates citizenship training, character development, personal values, and ethics.
Emphasis is placed on instilling respect for citizens of all nations and specifically the country of Indonesia, our host nation.
The school strives to:
- Develop in each student a mastery of the skills of communication and learning.
- Teach that the Bible is the inspired, authoritative Word of God, thus developing attitudes of love, respect, and obedience towards it.
- Develop responsible individuals who possess the ability to think clearly, logically, and independently as participating members of a self-govern society.
- Develop in each student an understanding and appreciation of cultural, social, scientific, economic, and political ideas and practices.
- Provide opportunities for citizenship training and character development for effective participation in the family and society.
- Include those experiences and activities for each pupil, which will lead to the enrichment of their own life, through academic, physical, social, and spiritual development.
- Provide physical and health education enabling the students to live an energetic, wholesome and productive life.
- Provide opportunity for each student to develop and to appreciate ethical and cultural values, with particular emphasis on the language and culture of Indonesia as our host country.
- Provide a program of student activities designed to develop competent, self-directed, and responsible social interaction in an atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation.
- Develop in each student interests, skills and attitudes that contribute to the worthy use of leisure time.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of Bandung Alliance Intercultural School is to enable students to achieve their full academic, physical, social, and spiritual potential, with a commitment to excellence. This education is based upon a foundation of Biblical truth, respecting individuals of all religions and cultural backgrounds.