This year marks an important year as we are celebrating our 61st year of operations. This year we will be using our new facilities to host sports tournaments and other major events – Praise God for his marvelous provision. We are looking forward to an exciting school year!
One hallmark of our institution is community involvement. We invite you to be involved in Parents Active in Children’s Education (PACE), the parent organization of our school. Students, consider your interests and be involved in activities available to you. We cherish the many gift and talents you have and the involvement of everyone enhances the experience for our entire community.
Thank you for joining us for the 2016-2017 school year. As a school committed to providing a quality college preparatory education, we look forward to having students grow into global citizens, embrace lifelong learning, and be grounded in the truth of God’s Word.
Have a wonderful school year,
Karl Nielsen, M. Ed
Director’s Advisory Council (DAC)
The purpose and objectives of the DAC below are established by the NICS School Board. The NICS School Board is the official school board for BAIS. Purpose: The DAC shall provide the Director with a means by which to seek local qualified and appropriately recognized counsel as necessary to accomplish the mission and goals of the school.
- To participate in the review and assessment of the school’s accomplishment of its stated mission and goals and adherence to its stated philosophy as requested or required by the NICS School Board or the school’s Director.
- To engage in activities which support the school and advance the education and general welfare of the students.
- To provide counsel, support, and constructive criticism to the Director.
DAC Members for 2016-2017:
- Mrs. Selly Setiawan serving since 2014
- Mr. Vincent Yo serving since 2014
- Mrs. Gail McKinley serving since 2014
- Mrs. Hyewon (Grace) Lee serving since 2015
- Mr. Joseph Lee serving since 2016
Dialogue with the Director
Dialogue with the Director
Parents may always individually schedule an appointment through the front office secretary to meet with Mr. Nielsen, Director. The Director also meets with parents four times a year (once per quarter) for a “Dialogue”. The Director will come with a few pieces of information and/or policy to discuss and answer questions, and then be available to answer questions and dialogue with you about your concerns. Historically at least one other administrator joins to help answer specific school level questions. Please come to the Dialogues and we’ll do our best to translate for the different languages. At least one Dialogue a year will be language based (multiple meetings) to help facilitate cultural discussions and answer questions.